Thursday, January 31, 2013

As previously stated, I can provide references to my service dogs' excellent behavior. They have tra




I am sorry to bother you as I know you must be very busy. Attached airline discount southwest ticket please find an e-mail concerning my upcoming cruise on the Norwegian airline discount southwest ticket Jade. I am a big fan of NCL in general. Apparently something my service dogs did last year ( apparently a small defecation) upset one employee of NCL who has made it her business to banish my service dogs from NCL cruises. Please read the attached message to her. I very much want to take this trip but need my licensed airline discount southwest ticket service dogs with me to travel. As you can read, they are well behaved and have traveled extensively and never been banned from anything ever. I truly do not understand this woman's vendetta against me. Many thanks for your time and consideration, Elizabeth
Time is of the essence, as my flights for Barcelona, Spain leave early in the morning airline discount southwest ticket on December 15, 2008. What you are doing to me is very hurtful and morally wrong. No one has discussed anything with me, and no one has told me what my dogs are accused of doing (other than one small defecation) airline discount southwest ticket or who is making the accusations. I need to know what specifically my dogs are accused of so I can know how to respond.
Please, airline discount southwest ticket tell me who is making the accusations and what it is they have against my dogs. Who is the top person in charge of this decision? What is the legal basis with statutory and case law authority in support of it for denying my service dogs and disabled me access to the Jade? Who is my service dogs' accuser? Please, provide me with telephone numbers, so I can talk to the top person in charge of this decision and to my service dogs' accuser. Please, please tell me what you need to prove my service dogs are well behaved and well trained, so we can travel on the Jade.
Contrary to your statements, I reviewed the NCL policy on service animals as stated on NCL'S web site and confirmed that all my service dogs' credentials were in order before even trying to book an NCL cruise. airline discount southwest ticket The NCL web site states as follows:
"Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) has always had an inclusive policy for all passengers, including those with disabilities and we welcome all passengers onboard all our ships. The company has a dedicated accessibility coordinator based in its headquarters to handle accessibility issues and recently the company has instituted a training program for shore side employees on accessibility issues.NCL provides the following amenities onboard our ships fleet wide to disabled passengers: ...
NCL welcomes all service animals. For example, visually impaired guests who sail with seeing-eye dogs will be provided airline discount southwest ticket a doggie box, which is changed daily by NCL personnel. Additionally, an NCL crewmember will tour the ship with the passenger on the first day to help them get their bearings"
NCL gave me the contact information for providing my service animals' information for the Norwegian Jade cruise I paid for departing on December 21, 2008, and I received a courteous e-mail from NCL employee before I paid for my non-refundable first class flights to Europe airline discount southwest ticket and before I reserved my hotels and car rentals and paid for my service dogs' expenses. I reasonably believed everything was fine, and I would be celebrating the Christmas holidays on board the Norwegian Jade.
It appears that Y*** is my service dogs' accuser. If this is incorrect, please inform me immediately. It appears she has formed her opinion of me and my service airline discount southwest ticket dogs and has proceeded to discriminate airline discount southwest ticket against me due to my disabilities. She does not know me, does not know my dogs, and refused airline discount southwest ticket to meet with me when I was in Miami for my cruises in March 2008. She has apparently made no effort to give me and my service dogs a fair chance.
Please, correct me if I am wrong and it was someone other than Y***. I recall in March 2008. I believe it was Y*** who stated she was on a previous cruise with my service dogs and me, and my dogs were not as important as the guide dogs for the blind on the ship. I believe she made up her mind she did not approve of my service dogs and proceeded to align everyone she could at NCL against me to keep my service dogs off the NCL ships in March 2008. I believe she made negative remarks about my service dogs and stated that they are not trained and are not as important airline discount southwest ticket as guide dogs for the blind. I cannot fathom what my service dogs ever did to cause her to have such a negative opinion of them and to cause her to discriminate against me like this. It is wrong to treat people like this, especially disabled persons on religious holidays.
You have stated that NCL is not subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act, and only voluntarily provides assistance to persons with disabilities. I contacted an attorney who is more familiar with these issues than I, and he informed me NCL has a history of problems with disabled passengers including but not limited to a United airline discount southwest ticket States Supreme Court case, Spector v. Norwegian Cruise Line Ltd. As the Jade is now in foreign waters, it may or may not be subject to United States laws, and it may be subject to similar laws protecting disabled persons in Spain and the other ports it visits, but it is certainly subject to the laws of its flag country, the Bahamas.
Please explain the legal and full detailed factual bases for NCL's refusal to allow my licensed service animals to accompany me on NCL cruises, airline discount southwest ticket not mere vague references to some perceived "guest complaints and so on." Please explain in detail how my licensed, health inspected, friendly, trained, ten pound service dogs' "behavior poses a direct threat to the health or safety of other guests or crew, or how my service dogs negatively alter the cruise experience for other guests." airline discount southwest ticket Please provide the legal and factual bases including statutory airline discount southwest ticket and case authority for NCL's policy, "NCL reserves the right to exclude any animal, including a service animal, from any vessel when the animal's behavior poses a direct threat to the health or safety of other guests or crew, or if the animal negatively alters the cruise airline discount southwest ticket experience for other guests." Please provide me with the complete written NCL corporate document that states this policy, as I cannot find it on NCL's web site.
As I have explained on multiple occasions, I am very sorry for the incident on the NCL ship in 2007. Many service animals, including guide dogs for the blind, airline discount southwest ticket have accidents such as this in unusual surroundings. It could happen to any highly trained dog in an unusual circumstance, and the crew member was supposed airline discount southwest ticket to keep my service dogs in the cabin to avoid any problems. I understand the problem occurred when I allowed a ship crew member to watch the dogs while I was on a paid NCL sponsored airline discount southwest ticket shore excursion that went to an animal park and did not allow service dogs. The crew member asked me if they could watch the service dogs for me. It was an NCL employee's suggestion, so I could go on the shore excursion. You stated one of my service dogs defecated on the crew only area of the ship called I-95. The crew member immediately cleaned up the small hard defecation. There were no other complaints I am aware of. I have already assured you that I will not allow a crew member to watch my dogs when I go on a shore excursion, airline discount southwest ticket so this cannot happen again. It is not good cause to ban my service airline discount southwest ticket dogs from travel. My service dogs are well trained and friendly. I even trained them to stand and be petted by strangers, which most service dogs will not do, especially for travel around children from various countries who are sometimes rough approaching them.
As previously stated, I can provide references to my service dogs' excellent behavior. They have traveled extensively throughout much of the world; have been on multiple cruises on several cruise lines, including one cruise lasting over a month. They have been on dozens of airplanes, airline discount southwest ticket trains, buses, and have been in the audiences of many Broadway plays, musical performances, and operas with top companies in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South America, and Europe. They have been in world famous museums on three continents. Never have my service airline discount southwest ticket dogs been banned anywhere. They are trained and well behaved. They relieve themselves in a specified location such as a litter box on command, do not growl at passengers, do not bite and are a great and necessary help to me. I am willing to eat in my cabin and not in the dining room, and I am willing to stay to myself on the ship and not discuss my service dogs when people ask about them. I can politely just go back to my cabin if people huddle around my service dogs and ask questions. I normally answer the questions and give a training demonstration, but I can just walk away instead, so we do not get in anyone's way.
Please, do not ruin this Christmas cruise to the Vatican for me. It is very important to me, and I will not be able to re-book anything this late or be able to get my money back. I assure you I will make certain the dogs behave appropriately. PLEASE, do not do this to me at Christmas. The last time, at Easter, I had to stay behind after I already flew from my home in California to Florida and incurred many expenses as a result of NCL's refusal to allow my licensed service dogs on board in Miami, Florida.
I cannot travel without my dogs. It is too much for me, as I need the dogs' assistance. PLEASE, I need my service dogs, and I feel unsafe traveling airline discount southwest ticket without them. They are government licensed service animals. I have provided you with a physician's letter, health certificates, travel papers, and copies of my service dogs' government issued service dog licenses. PLEASE, give them a chance to show you they are well-behaved.
If my service dogs are not allowed to travel on NCL, I will need a full refund of the cruise fares, the air fares, and hotel charges plus all out of pocket costs from NCL immediately. This is a very expensive trip for me, long planned and paid in full, including several NCL shore excursions, after I confirmed that my dogs would be allowed airline discount southwest ticket on the Jade by NCL. I cannot

No comments:

Post a Comment