Monday, October 29, 2012

Attention business travelers have you noticed the new trend? No I am not talking about all the fligh




Attention business dirt cheap airline ticket travelers have you noticed the new trend? No I am not talking about all the flight delays and cancellations. This is about when you get to your destination and need to rent a car. Wow the prices have gone up at a ridiculous amount. In many situations a 3 day car rental can be MORE expensive than your plane ticket. Yes shocking but true! There are so many extra fees these days it is almost comical. I love Hertz and their Number 1 gold program but their fees are getting out of control. Here is what I have done to save $$ in the past few months:
dirt cheap airline ticket Last month in San Diego I changed my Hertz rental a week before and rented from Fox Rent A Car. This was for a two day rental and the savings was over $160. Getting to Fox was the same type of mini bus and the exact amount of time. To me the savings is well worth it.
Next month I will be using Fox Rent A Car again in Las Vegas and saving $125. Typically Vegas has had very low prices for cars but for some reason that has all changed and now they have followed other cities and their prices are skyrocketing.
Everyone has certain things that bother dirt cheap airline ticket them and for me it is renting a car at a ridiculous price. I have no idea why the car rental companies don't charge dirt cheap airline ticket a fee for people dirt cheap airline ticket who have a reservation and don't show up – perhaps they should and that may help them keep their pricing in line.
I agree 100%! I have also noticed that the price per day and the associated fees/taxes vary greatly from city to city. I generally rent from National because I love their Emerald Club program. dirt cheap airline ticket You skip the counter, go to a designated area and choose the car that meets your needs. Regardless of the car you choose, it is a the same price. dirt cheap airline ticket I have to admit that at times the selection can be pretty bad all full-size dirt cheap airline ticket SUV s, all minivans, etc. However, they generally let you choose from other areas if this is the case. Back to your original question yes it bothers me and I have begun taking more cabs or, and as you mentioned, renting from the hotel if I need a car for just one or two days of a longer trip.
Renting a car at the airport in California is very expensive. When visiting my son in Santa Clara, we stay at a hotel with rental car services. We take their shuttle from the airport, rent the car, and then check in all at one time. We can save $150 over a long weekend.
Wow You have my vote on this one! I spent $250 for 3 days of a rental in Dallas a few weeks back and had a similar dirt cheap airline ticket situation in Dayton before that. What gives? Not any special car either. This is a USA issue My husband dirt cheap airline ticket just spent 3+ weeks in Italy and the full rental car fee for a Volve wagon with all insurance and GPS and tax was $1,300.
I think that will happen in a bunch of cities. Not sure the rental car model will work moving forward. Most people will take taxi s or public dirt cheap airline ticket transportation over a $1300 charge! It won t surprise me if we have new travel guidelines in certain cities that say don t rent a car a cab will be much easier and less expensive.
Not only have rates risen significantly, but I m noticing a lot more pressure to take extra insurance dirt cheap airline ticket or upgrade vehicles, almost to the point of harrassment. Also, after recently returning a Budget rental car I received a letter in the mail stating I owed $40+ for refueling the car, even though I filled it up just prior to returning it and a rental agent checked the gauge when I turned it in. It took a while to get the charge removed, I ended up having to fax in a credit card receipt showing the date and time of my fuel purchase. There is definitely an effort to squeeze more money out of renters one way or another.
I agree, rental car prices are crazy especially for short 1-3 day trips. I find myself taking a taxi more and more often it is usually cheaper and less hassles in the long run. I m also paying dirt cheap airline ticket more attention to whether the hotel offers shuttle service.
Rates do vary significantly by market. I think Boston is the worse. My last rental there, dirt cheap airline ticket the total of fees and taxes was more than I actually paid to rent the car. To me, that s a greedy local government sticking it to their visitors.
Now, you have to pay in advance and if you cancel you may be out of luck, I am not sure,e but unless the flights cancel I get where i am going. Last night we landed in T-storms flying on an Embrer and regional dirt cheap airline ticket carrier. dirt cheap airline ticket Good pilots, awful turbulence but my rent car, an Alamo, just fine and saved $100 which feels good to be frugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment