Sunday, July 29, 2012

As always, I welcome feedback mailed to eliot@massively.com or left in the comments field, especiall




In times past, I've generally trafalgar coach tours usa discussed trafalgar coach tours usa the various update tours of Final Fantasy XI separate from this column. This time around, I'm trying something different because queen baa tours and travels I got to take the May version update for a spin not so long ago and there's some interesting stuff to discuss that came out of that tour, stuff I wouldn't really be discussing normally as my Vana'diel-endgame-fu is pretty weak at the moment. So that's the preamble for this week; if you really don't like this way of doing things, let me know and I'll not do it again. Cool? Cool.
The May version update , as regular readers may recall , was an update queen baa tours and travels with a roadmap that left some questions in my head. Is revitalizing Dynamis really a worthy goal? Will Voidwatch be enough to tide over players? trafalgar coach tours usa How will everything balance out? Why can't I transform into a baby chocobo at will? So getting a chance to see the content firsthand was enlightening, trafalgar coach tours usa both for the questions that it did wind up answering and the questions that it didn't.
Our first stop on the tour was Dynamis - Xarcabard, which has long been a cuddly soft zone filled with friendship and important lessons about mortality. The changes to it and the other five "core" Dynamis areas are all ostensibly aimed at bringing these areas closer in line with... well, let's just say it. They're meant to make Dynamis trafalgar coach tours usa a little piece of Abyssea away from Abyssea, not in a completely straightforward fashion, and not in the sense that they'll replace queen baa tours and travels the newer zones, but it's hard not to get a strong sense of the more instanced regions with the time limit changes and the increased trafalgar coach tours usa emphasis on clearing through the zone.
By and large, it works. Increased queen baa tours and travels drop rates are the sort of thing that many players will be happy about, and the fact that enemy spawns wandering the zone are up to snuff for high-level characters will certainly help improve the relevance of the region. (You also no longer have to fuss about with statues and the like.) The fact that the tuning trafalgar coach tours usa allows for players to enter without needing a huge alliance is also a nice change -- as time has gone by, the enormous groups that used to wade through Dynamis have become a thing of the past, so it's nice to see more opportunities queen baa tours and travels for players to get to experience the content queen baa tours and travels regardless.
Our main focus was the newly upgraded Dynamis Lord, himself an upgraded Shadow Lord. It was clear very shortly into the fight that this improved form is the sort of thing meant to bring back traces of the old days of boss fights, namely, the part where the boss's standard hits have the force of a Saturn V rocket. He is an optional boss, though, so it's not like players have to be eviscerated if they don't want to... of course, the same was true of Pandemonium Warden back in the day, and look how well that turned out.
If there's a central flaw here, it's that a lot of players might not really want to spend more time in Dynamis. A lot of hoops have been removed so that players can get into a vastly improved experience, but even with upgraded Relic drop rates and less irritation, some people queen baa tours and travels might just not want to wander around in the Shadow Lord's nightmare any longer. It was such a big part of the endgame for so long that its revival may be unwelcome. But that's a minor negative -- all of the actual changes seem solid and likable.
queen baa tours and travels Our next stop was on one of the new Kindred Seals NM battlefields, "Whom Wilt Thou Call." If you don't get the reference... well, what the heck is your excuse? I'm pretty sure that both of the films are available on Netflix streaming by this point, and if you have to go watch them right now, by all means go for it. It'll be four hours well spent.
Anyhow, the references didn't stretch far beyond the names and models of the enemies, but I do appreciate the nod. ( Final Fantasy XI does references in a nice and subtle fashion, something I appreciate when the obvious contrast is World of Warcraft 's sledgehammer nonsense.) The most notable element of this fight was the fact that our target NMs leveled up the longer we took in battle, meaning that the fight gets harder the longer you take to kill all four enemies. That being said, BCNM fights have always had gimmicks to make them more interesting, so it's not precisely groundbreaking.
Last on the list was Voidwatch, which is essentially an upgraded and expanded version of the Voidwalker Notorious Monsters that we saw early last year. By following a tiered system of unlocks, players can square off against increasingly queen baa tours and travels powerful monsters, earning cruor and experience along with a nice satchel of loot for participating. The NMs also utilize the weakness-triggering system trafalgar coach tours usa found in Abyssea, queen baa tours and travels by which successfully hitting a changing weakness will result in greater rewards trafalgar coach tours usa after the battle is over.
Both of these battles were familiar queen baa tours and travels in general terms, but they still serve to flesh out the game's expanding trafalgar coach tours usa endgame. With a lot of the older endgame content queen baa tours and travels hitting obsolescence as the level cap rises, there's a definite queen baa tours and travels need to recover some of the diversity that was present through the many years of a level 75 cap.
Overall, what I saw was solid. It wasn't, sadly, as inspiring as some of the later storyline content trafalgar coach tours usa -- instead trafalgar coach tours usa of getting a big shot of interesting trafalgar coach tours usa cutscenes, it's mostly content that fills needed holes in the game's trafalgar coach tours usa extant structure. That's not a bad thing, queen baa tours and travels but it does raise certain questions that I've asked before. Of course, if you can't find any more story content to do in the game as it stands, trafalgar coach tours usa you've been far more diligent than I.
As always, I welcome feedback mailed to eliot@massively.com or left in the comments field, especially trafalgar coach tours usa as I'm intentionally trafalgar coach tours usa mixing the format up a little bit here. Next week I'm inclined to stay in Vana'diel just a little bit longer, as I'm itching to give Grounds of Valor a more thorough run on my own.
From Eorzea to Vana'diel , there is a constant: the moogles. And for analysis trafalgar coach tours usa and opinions about the online portions of the Final Fantasy series, there is also a constant: The Mog Log . Longtime series fan Eliot Lefebvre serves queen baa tours and travels up a new installment of the log every Saturday, trafalgar coach tours usa covering almost anything related to Square-Enix's vibrant online worlds.
trafalgar coach tours usa Alot of this sounds queen baa tours and travels trafalgar coach tours usa great, including from other 'Mog Log' articles, and I've been wanting to back into XI for months now, but couldn't queen baa tours and travels due to POL not wanting to work on my win7 64bit system for some stupid reason, even though queen baa tours and travels it had for 6 months when I played last year.
Anyway, the other day, it finally started to work again, queen baa tours and travels and I was so excited to adventure in Vana'diel again. I began signing up immediately only to be stopped dead with that ridiculous Secure 3D BS that SE requires on ones CC. Twice in the past I've just contacted SE through queen baa tours and travels their live chat and they bypassed it for me. {my bank doesn't support this feature}
queen baa tours and travels However, after waiting over 2 hrs the other day to talk with a rep, so I could finally play again, they shot me down and wouldn't accept my CC. Saying the previous reps should never have bypassed the Secure 3D, and then ended the session with no explanation, or looking at my past account info. I am so F'n pissed off at SE atm.
Seriously though, being the only MMO that requires queen baa tours and travels this Secure 3D is such BS, even their FFXIV doesn't require it, so it makes no sense why its still there. Plus with any other MMO you could sign up within 5min and be playing...argh!
I hear you and definitely agree. While I do feel like they are making changes at least on the design/gameplay end, they are not looking at things holistically, and they really just don't comprehend how horrible the logistics are - both technically and financially, queen baa tours and travels just to play FFXI.
I too, had problems getting FFXI to run on 64bit OS. I assume you found the 64bit version of POL viewer? I originally had to get it from a random forum post in ffxionline.com. But you can find it if you search for "windows vista" or "windows 7" in the playonline support area.
I too, had problems with 3D-Secure. My credit card vendor didn't support it at the time SE started requiring it. And they were this small obscure company no one had ever heard about called CitiBank. :/
And lastly, queen baa tours and travels I too, have had to go through calls with the US POL support guys. They ended up adjusting my account in such a way that I lost my primary character, and had to create a new one from scratch. Same POL ID, same cd keys, etc... just when I wanted to play FFXI again after a 2 year hiatus... *poof* queen baa tours and travels could not restore character.
Despite all that, plus having to spend 3 hours manually installing FFXI and 10+ hours waiting for the game to re-install queen baa tours and travels it self via updates, I'm still somewhat playing. There's still something insidiously magical about the experience. :/
Final Fantasy XI sounds so cool - then I install it and play for 60 minutes and realize IT HATES ME. Yes I realize I'm not sticking with it, but I just find it so hard to figure out. To me, it feels like work, and not the fun kind. The sad part is, I really do want to like it, but maybe I just like the concept of it. I find the controls trafalgar coach tours usa hard and counter-intuitive. The menu system feels ancient. I feel like I spent a lot of time OUTSIDE the game figuring out the game.
It's actually really easy. It's just hard to play on your own. There is a mentor system (which people never use nor really know about) as well as a beginning quest line that breaks you into the game. But at the moment, yo

No comments:

Post a Comment