Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A costume that was my favorite when I was younger was dressing up as Jean Harlow. The slinky, silver




It s a very rainy morning here at Murder, Monsters Mayhem HQ here in Northern VA.  We re bracing for Hurricane Sandy (Frankenstorm!) scheduled to hit land later today.  Not to worry, we re supposed to get a lot of rain high winds so we should be fairly safe! We have all the requisite buy airline tickets to fort lauderdale from jamaica storm supplies like bread, water, batteries, flashlights, etc. Cross your fingers!
Now, back to business.  Realizing that not everyone has a blog or reviews horror, thriller or suspense, I wanted to create at giveaway that is open to everyone. buy airline tickets to fort lauderdale from jamaica Halloween is my favorite holiday (after Christmas of course) so I want everyone to be able to enjoy and celebrate in it.
So, I ve created a list of topics that you can either write about in the comments below or in a blog post, Facebook status message, tweet, etc. Again, buy airline tickets to fort lauderdale from jamaica these are just suggestions, so if another topic inspires you, go for it!  Only rule is that they must be posted/linked/mentioned below by midnight on Halloween, October 31st . Due to Hurricane/Super Storm Sandy, the deadline for entries has been extended to midnight on Sunday, 11/4. Contest open worldwide!
So get those creative juices flowing! Post your responses in the comments below or include a link to your blog post/Facebook status/Twitter tweet with your submission! Good luck to all who dare to enter! Muuwahahahaa!
A costume that was my favorite when I was younger was dressing up as Jean Harlow. The slinky, silvery evening dress, the silver/white wig and the makeup all felt so dramatic and really unique. Loved that Halloween.
I have to say my favorite is probably this year. My daughters wanted me to get dressed up, too, so we re ALL going as princesses. They re going as Disney Princesses (Rapunzel and Aurora) and I m going as a Georgian-era princess witch (couldn t find a tiara so I had to get a witch hat lol). It ll be a lot of fun!
My favorite Halloween book(s) growing up were the Scary Stories trilogy by Alvin Schwartz and illustrated by Stephen Gammell! My younger brother and I used to set up a bed-tent in one of our bedrooms, and I would read the stories out loud every night for nearly the entire month of October! We loved the illustrations too (I still can t get over the fact they released new versions with different illustrations)! Thankfully I still have the original copies and the treasury version buy airline tickets to fort lauderdale from jamaica released by Barnes and Noble.
Another weird Halloween tradition my brother and I had were eating caramel apples while watching Cyborg featuring Jean-Claude Van Damme and the cartoon Disney s Halloween Treat. We did that for several years in a row. Then we would go back to the tent and read scary stories!
A ghost haunts a specific room in The Plaza Hotel in Las Vegas, NM. I have visited this historic and wonderful hotel which exudes romance, history and fascinating stories. What a special and beautiful place. this ghost though, has been felt and seen.
When I dressed up as Anne of Green Gables my ultimate Halloween year became reality. I became Anne, finally and that was a fervent wish of mine. I devoured the books and was transformed for the evening. I loved Halloween buy airline tickets to fort lauderdale from jamaica that year more than any other.
Jenn's Bookshelves by Jenn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License . Based on a work at www.jennsbookshelves.com . Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at jennsbookshelves.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment